If you think neck and back health don’t have an impact on your vision, think again. Chiropractic care works with the knowledge that all the body is connected and that the best level of health is maintained through whole-body wellness. Impeded nerves or misaligned vertebrae can contribute to vision problems, from minor vision loss after spinal injuries to irregular fuzziness in your sights.
At Mauricio Chiropractic, we take your health very seriously. By regularly visiting our facilities we will help with the overall function of the central nervous system and can help with any vision issues you may have.
The Spine Is Controlled By The Nervous System
The spine plays a key role when it comes to maintaining the health of your body. The neck and upper back, known as the cervical spine, is the most important area of communication between the brain and the nervous system. When this area is inflamed or blocked it gets really affected, so much it can even affect your vision system.
This is because the optic nerve is connected directly to the central nervous system, and any disruption there can affect the optic nerve, therefore causing vision impairment. In addition, the eyes rely on proper blood flow to get the much-needed oxygen. When the arteries are not getting this natural flow, eyesight problems may be evident.
Cervical spinal adjustments can fix subluxation in the cervical spine, allowing more blood flow, and oxygen, and nutrients flow to the eyes and improve vision.
Vision Problems Improved By Chiropractic Care
If you already have to wear glasses to improve your vision, chiropractic care may not keep you from still seeing your optometrist. Even so, there are some issues in particular that can still be addressed, such as:
- Vision issues that take place after a spinal/neck injury
- Fuzziness or blurriness issues
- Sensitive or watery eyes
- Tunnel vision or double vision
- Decreased eyesight due to glaucoma or diabetes
How Chiropractic Care Can Improve Your Vision
There are ways regular chiropractic visits can help with vision problems. Chiropractic care can:
- Regulate blood supply and improve blood flow: the optic nerve needs blood flow and oxygen to work properly. Restricted blood flow can cause depth perception, blurriness, and other vision issues. A chiropractic adjustment can correct any misalignments to make sure the blood and oxygen flow to the optic nerve.
- Improve the communication in the central nervous system and restore nerve function. The communication between nerves can be disrupted by the smallest spine misalignment. This means that the optic nerve can be easily affected and cause vision issues.
- Reduce eye pressure. People who suffer from diabetes or glaucoma have eye pressure and without treating it can lead to eye loss. Chiropractic care can reduce this pressure by regulating blood flow.
In conclusion, whole-body wellness is determined by your spinal health and maintaining it regularly. Because of the direct connection between the spine, the central nervous system, and vision health, chiropractic care can help fix these issues caused by obstructed nerves and restore your eyesight. The health benefits of chiropractic care are too good to be true!
Chiropractic Spinal Alignments Near You!
If you have been struggling with vision issues because of spinal misalignment, we can help you out! Mauricio Chiropractic can help determine the root cause of your issues and strategize a treatment plan to get your vision back to normal. Schedule an appointment here!