A healthy lifestyle includes many different factors, including exercise and nutrition. What may seem foreign to you though is how nutrition and chiropractic care go hand-in-hand. Promoting healthy lifestyles if one of the most important goals of chiropractic care. One of the main examples of this is nutrition. Good and proper nutrition is essential for your musculoskeletal system to operate to its full potential. If you need chiropractic care for an injury or any pain, it’s important to supplement your treatment with a healthy food diet.
What Your Chiropractor Wants You to Eat
It’s important to maintain our spine and surrounding muscles healthy. They rely heavily on which nutrients we give to our bodies and that’s why it’s important to follow a healthy diet.
You can unlock your body’s ability to heal by harnessing all the power that your diet contains. Most importantly, there are so many benefits, even in the treatment of conditions like osteoarthritis, it can increase your disc health. Furthermore, conditions like back pain and degeneration are linked to not having enough nutrients. Clearly, a diet can contribute to prevention of injuries.
Healthy Foods to Eat
- Salmon (and other coldwater fish): Salmon contains Omega-3 fatty acids, which decreases inflammation in blood vessels and nerves, and improving blood flow, This provides the discs with vital oxygen and nutrients.
- Olive Oil: Contains anti-inflammatory compounds and has been proven to reduce spinal column cartilage inflammation. This controls back pain and stiffness.
- Turmeric: It has traditionally been used to alleviate pain and aid digestion. The active substance is curcumin. It helps with joint inflammation and protects from tissue damage and destruction.
- Leafy Vegetables: High in vitamin A and C, they can help restore cellular health.
- Broccoli: It contains magnesium, which maintains muscle tone and bone density, and plays a big role in muscle contraction and relaxation. It contains calcium as well, which is essential for healthy bones. Vitamin K is also in it, which is needed for bones to use calcium properly.
- Red Grapes: They can help block the response to inflammatory signals in certain cells.
- Thyme: It has been shown to be effective in combating pain by interfering with the way it is perceived by the body.
- Beets: they are full of antioxidants that repair the damage done by inflammation. It also contains high levels of potassium and magnesium, which are powerful inflammation-reducing agents.
Watch Your Caloric Intake
Although you’re probably tired of hearing about calory intake, it is important to know what goes into your body. It can help you prolong any MSK issue you might have.
In other words, the more high caloric foods you eat, the more weight you’re going to gain. Consequently, the more weight you gain, the more pressure your muscle or joints come under.
Healthy Foods in Tailored Diets
Your chiropractor has the knowledge and expertise to tailor a diet or suggest foods that can directly address your injury or lifestyle.
For example, if you suffer from pain in a muscle or joint, you will be given an anti-inflammatory diet. This diet avoids foods like white bread and french fries. These foods lead to an increase in inflammation as well as a host of other problems.
Lifestyle nutrition is also something your chiropractor can assist you with. Therefore, if you are into athletics a diet rich in complex carbohydrates is essential for intense training and competition. Your chiropractor can help you develop a meal plan to meet your needs.
Chiropractic Expertise in Nutrition
At Mauricio Chiropractic, our non-surgical, drug-free approach to healing your body and increase vitality, and promote well-being is at your service. We offer a nutritional counseling program to aid your body in unlocking its true healing capabilities.