It’s back to school time for most Floridian children grades K-12 and most parents are busy accommodating schedules, picking up school supplies, and prepping for the school year. What many parents may overlook is something that could have lifetime effects on their children’s health…their BACKPACKS! Did you know? A Child’s filled backpack should never weigh more than 10-20% of their weight, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. Many children experience soreness from their backpacks that can be avoided. Here at Mauricio Chiropractic we feel it is our duty to provide helpful information to improve everybody’s posture.
5 Tips for Choosing the Right Backpack
Don’t send your kids back to school with a back problem! Follow these 5 Tips for choosing the right backpack for your child and you’ll both get an A+ in health!
1. Choose a backpack that has two straps instead of a one-shoulder pack or messenger bag. Using two straps will help distribute the weight evenly.
2. Choose a backpack with wide, padded shoulder straps to help minimize compression on their shoulders.
3. Choose a backpack with storage compartments to help keep things in their place and distribute the weight evenly throughout the backpack.
4. Look for a backpack with special features. If your child brings a water bottle to school everyday, make sure there is a space for it. If your child walks to school, look for a backpack with a reflective trim!
5. Consider your child’s weight! Don’t fill your child’s backpack with unnecessary supplies. A filled backpack should never weigh more than 10-20% of a child’s weight, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Chiropractic Care Near You
Mauricio Chiropractic have been providing expert chiropractic care in the Orlando area for decades. We serve in nine different locations including; East Colonial, Winter Park, Pine Hills, Downtown Orlando, Conway, South Orange Blossom Trail, Poinciana, Dr. Phillips & Melbourne. If you’re in need of chiropractic treatment, or want to unlock your body’s true potential, make an appointment with one of our esteemed doctors now. Make chiropractic care part of your back to school routine. You can also enter your email below and receive more information.